Lily Elizabeth is finally here! 8 days after her due date she finally decided to make her entrance.
I started to have contractions Friday morning around 9:30 am. When we got to the hospital they were already 3 minutes apart, but we still labored for an additional 10 hours. About then, I started to run a fever. I felt very flu-like and had a headache. But the critical part is that Lily's heartrate went up. That was the first of the complications. The way that Lily was facing (head down, but face-up) meant that labor would probably continue for another 5-8 hours and they wanted to get her out in 1-2. They could try to flip her, but she wasn't low enough. Basically we were stuck and they wanted to do another C-Section. I sobbed (not the first time that day) and for the sake of Lily, agreed.
Things went much smoother than last time I would have to say, and I am recovering nicely. Lily was born running a temperature of 103 and had to stay in the NICU for 5 days. Leaving her was the hardest thing I've ever done. Fortunately, we were able to bring her home the next day and she has been doing wonderful ever since.
Lily weighed 9 lbs 1 oz when she was born and was easily the biggest baby in the NICU. She ate so much that they put her on an "on demand" schedule and let her eat whenever she wanted, as opposed to their normally regimented schedule.
And Ally is loving her "cute baby." I do notice that she is acting more clingy, particularly to Matt. All I can say is thank-goodness for grandma!! She keeps Ally occupied when she's not making dinners and taking care of me. She is a saint, as is Matt who helps me with feedings and taking care of Ally whenever possible. I am truly, truly blessed.
20 comments:
Oh she is darling!!! Super times ten congratulations to you miss sarah! You must be so thrilled (and achey and tired) Best of luck in the coming weeks!
Congrats, Buffingtons! I don't know why (OK, it's pregnancy) but this post made me teary-eyed!
I'm so glad she is finally here, and home! I LOVE her hair. Congratulations!
Thanks for posting the pics....I sure wish we were closer so that we could enjoy both of your little angels. Would sure love the run my fingers though Lily's fuzzy hair. She is so cute and I don't see much resemblance between Lily and Ally....can hardly wait till she is a bit older to see how she changes. :)
She has so much dark hair! Was ally's like that? i don't remember! Congrats!
She is so stinkin adorable. Congrats! I'm jealous you're already on baby #2..... :)
Wow...she is BEAUTIFUL! That first picture looks just like you, Sarah! I am so happy to hear that she is home and you are both doing well. I can't wait to meet her!
She's beautiful and I love all that dark hair. So glad that you are both home and doing well! The NICU is not a fun place no matter how long you have to be there. Congratulations on your new baby girl!
I think she looks like you, Sarah. :) That's so fun. I'm glad you are both doing well and Ally is enjoying big sisterhood so far. We miss you guys!
Oh, how darling! She has tons of dark hair! I'm glad everything went ok! Sounds like you had a bit of a scare in the end there. Hope you recover well.
Sarah, she is beautiful! I'm glad you are both doing well now. Let us know if Shawna or I can help somehow.
She's beautiful!!!! Where did she get all that hair from? Did Ally have that much?
Glad that she only had to stay in NICU for a short time. Emma stayed for 8 days. It was the hardest thing to do. I was so happy when they told us she could go home!
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see my new niece in person this December!
Wow!!! Look at that dark hair. Congrats. I'm so happy for you.
Holy cute hair! Congrats!
Congratulations! She is adorable! I hope your recovery is fast and easier than last time.
Congrat syou guys! I had no idea things were so hard. I just knew you had her. She is beautiful! Nothing like Ally and yet they are both adorable! I wish so much that we lived closer to eachother...I miss family so much and life seems to be changing fast. Hope things are going well and that all stay healthy :) We love you!!!
Congratulations on the new little arrival! Wow! She IS big! : ) Maybe she wanted to make sure her hair was just the right length for pictures! : ) Sorry to hear about your complications, but I'm really glad that all ended well, and that you're both home! : )
Oh yeah! Congratulations. Happy pioneer day!- is her birthday actually July 24th? I miss you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
She is beautiful, Sarah! I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations, you did an amazing job (as with everything).
I can't believe all that dark hair. I'm certain my poor baby boy will be born bald. :)
I love and miss you guys.
congrats on that beautiful girl and all that gorgeous hair! sorry you had to go through so much fun again! but man she is beautiful!
Post a Comment