My Saturday began at 6:15 when my alarm clock went off. Matt then said, "Oh honey. I forgot you were going running this morning. I arranged to have people help me pull out that fence this morning." This is me annoyed because I go running EVERY Saturday, so how is it that he forgets about every other week? I get up, go get a glass of milk and come lay back down. He says, "I'm sorry you can't go running today." To which I say, "Oh, I'm still going running. This is your problem. You should have found someone to watch Ally." (I know I'm a bad wife). But eventually, we arrive at the conclusion that I am not going, so I send a text to Sarah W. to let her know that I won't be there because she and I are the only ones planning on going this week and I make a mental plan to go running this evening. Then about 7 am I get a text message from her asking if I'm coming. I check my phone and sure enough, the original text I sent is still sitting in my outbox with a big red X over the message. Awesome. I made her get up early on a Saturday for nothing (I'm a bad friend). But she is amazing and ran 6 miles without me. You rock!
When Ally wakes up, I decide we should try something new today, so I blew up her little pool and filled it with water. Unfortunately, the water comes out ICE cold and she didn't want to get in it. But she did have fun throwing everything she could find into the water. Then we took a nap. Matt came home from his fence pulling at about 3 PM (wow! That's hard work, babe!) and wakes me up. I realize that my foot kind of hurts and I look and sure enough, I must have stepped on a thorn while setting up Ally's pool because I have a nasty splinter and my foot is already swollen. But it's on the bottom of my foot and I can't reach it so I have to ask Matt to perform emergency surgery on my foot. He's pretty handy with a sewing needle and tweezers. Who knew?
Matt left again to go pull out carpet at our new house (Oh yes, did I mention we are now homeowners? No, I guess I didn't. I guess I was waiting until we actually closed, so now it's official. We bought a house in Mt. Horeb, WI) and I decide to be green and walk to the grocery store. I took the big stroller and shopped until the bottom was full and wouldn't hold any more. Ally was really good and enjoyed the adventure, even if mommy did pinch her skin in the stroller straps and left a nice red welt. (Now add bad mom to previous list of Bad Friend and Bad Wife). All in all, things are going well and we put in Cinderella to cuddle on the couch when a wave of nausea overtakes me. I don't know if it was something I ate or the medicine I take, but I was hugging the toilet pretty hard. Reminds me of how I'm not looking forward to morning sickness ever ever again. So now scratch off the list running because I feel horrible. Matt finally comes home after a long day of work. Turns out the upstairs carpet is glued down making it 10x harder to remove than originally thought. In the meantime, I finish feeling yucky and we finish the day reading stories to Ms. Ally....well, almost.
Matt notices that the neighbors are out, so we decide to be neighborly and go sit out on the driveway with them. I have never heard the men talk so much. Amazing how liquor and beer will do that. Anyway, they were good for a laugh and told us how they were happy/pissed for us that we bought a house and congratulations/screw you for leaving. haha. And that was our Saturday. Tomorrow I start a 12-week training program for the half marathon so if you see me and I'm not running, I'm in big BIG trouble!
6 comments:
That was really funny. You are a good story teller. congrats on the new house! I hope you will post some pictures. We hope to be in a home soon as well.
You ARE the worst ever. Nopes that's a lie. I'm glad things are going well--and ditto on pictures of the new house. That's so exciting.
Congrats on the house! Where are the pictures?? You can't keep it to yourself for so long and then not post pics. When you said you were sick I saw morning sickness in the next line and thought you were pregnant again. I thought 'talking about nesting'. I'm glad you guys are doing so well and good luck with the half marathon!
hey it's me- dianna lawton erwin. you're family is so adorable. yeah, i'm glad i found your blog :)
I realized you probably can't get to my blog- kinleigh.blogspot.com
congratulations on your new house.Sorry about your sickness. We know about that JaCoby almost died a few nights ago he had to ride in an ambulance and everything see our blog for more info....he is doing much better now...I also wanted to say I love your backdrop...you always have such cute ones
Post a Comment