Friday, December 18, 2009

Up Up and Away

For anyone who follows my blog, I do apologize. I have been a bit on the boring side as of late. Unless you want to talk about e-prescribing implementations and the new requirement for discrete dispense. Today while at work, I got a call from Ally's school. I love conversations that begin with, "Sarah? Everything's fine, but..." Since Lily woke up this morning with a 102 degree fever, I was expecting Ally's teacher to tell me that she had perhaps gotten sick at school. Instead, I was told that another child bit her. She explained that they had taken Ally to the nurse, it didn't break skin, but she might have some bruising and they planned to call the other child's parents as well. I asked if she was doing OK and the teacher said that she was back to playing already. So I thought, no harm no foul, right? But when I got home, I saw this:


Wow! He really got her good, poor thing. I really hope this doesn't make her hate school. She is already so hard to get up in the morning, but usually has a good time once she's there. I wonder sometimes if I'm doing the right thing by making her go. I remember telling my mom how much I hated public school and begging to be home schooled. She wouldn't. But it was good for me, right?

So worrying about my 5 month old's cold and my 3 year old's emotional well-being, not to mention that I made the mistake of watching Gangland last night on the History channel and I've been a little on-edge today. I spent a good while reading cakewrecks this evening. Any other thoughts on how to reduce my anxiety?

4 comments:

Mom's Place said...

Ooooo! Ouch! Regin has a bit of a cold too! I hate when they are so little and sick. He's finally starting to get over it.

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

To reduce Anxiety:

Smile. : ) Breathe slowly -- in and out -- over and over and over again. Think only positive thoughts. Think, "I CAN do this." or "It's OK if such-and-such happens." "It's gonna be OK." "I don't have to do that." "That's life."

Sit and just look out the window for 5 minutes. Then the next day, do it for 10 minutes. : )

Tell people, "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to do what you needed me to do, or wanted me to do."

Do only things that have to be done, and then, still pick and choose the absolutely necessary things. Bag the rest.

Smile. Breathe. Think positive thoughts.

Sorry to hear that Ally got bitten! Wow! That's crazy! I sure hope that she still wants to go back to school. Yes, Public School isn't perhaps a heavenly place, and things have probably changed a ton since I was school, but I think that it's possible for kids to be OK there and to survive it. My son went to public school, and I shutter to think what stories he HASN'T told me, but I think it was good for his social skills, especially since he was an "only child".

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Oh -- and I sure hope Lily is doing better today.

Milroys said...

I hope you taught her to bite the little twerp back ;) That's what I would do....but that's also why I don't have children.