Monday night I was playing piggy-back rides with Ally and she started to loose her grip. I had a horrible moment where I realized what was about to happen but was helpless to save her, as I held Lily in my other arm. Ally landed hard on the kitchen floor and cried like I've never heard her cry before. I thought she might have broken her tailbone.
She would not walk for the rest of the evening (we even left her door open that night knowing that she wouldn't get out of bed and venture out) and so we decided not to wake her for preschool Tuesday morning. If when she woke up she was still hurting, we'd have to take her in to the doctor. I anxiously awaited a phone call from Matt that morning to let me know how she was doing.
*Ring*
Hello?
Hewwo, Mommy?
Hello!
Mommy?
Yes, Ally, it's mommy, hi!
Mommy...Mommy hurt my bottom.
So sad. Mommy did hurt her bottom. On the bright side, that's a four word complete sentence, my friends, and I understood every word of it.
5 comments:
That's great! 4 word+ sentences are exciting us now, too! Yay for Ally!
aaah!
She's OK now, right? I hope you are OK too.
I must confess that my favorite 3 word sentence that she says is, "Grandma, come sit."
Awwww! Poor thing!!!! Great that she did a 4 word sentence though!
So sorry. For both of you. I know I'm late and hopefully you are both over it now.
My mom can definitely relate. She was taking Callie to the bathroom the same weekend, tripped and she ended up slamming the top of her foot hard on something. We just thought Callie had bruised it but no, she fractured one of her metatarsals.
Happy to say the cast is now off and all's well! At least on that front...
Post a Comment