Sunday, October 17, 2010

Climber

Ally was never much of a climber. In fact, she never ventured out of her crib. We only ever got her a big girl bed because we needed the crib for Lily, not because she ever made the leap out on her own. But that's Ally's personality. She's content to be where she is.

Lily is my climber. She climbs on EVERYTHING! For the longest time, we had a barricade from the living room to the kitchen to keep her out of the cat food and away from the stairs, but we had to take it down when she started throwing herself over it. The other day I left a storage bin next to her high chair and when I turned around, she had climbed up INTO the high chair. I have this fear in the back of my mind that she'll end up in a body cast like my little brother (also a climber, who fell out of a tree when he was 4 and broke his femur).


Here she is, 15 months, climbing inside our boxes of winter gloves.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Scary! Lucky for me I have yet to have a climber. Bella is still undetermined though. It was good seeing you today for 30 seconds. I miss talking to you!

Momma Salt said...

Maybe we should get her a bicycle helmet for every day!

Rebecca said...

It's stressful enough when they go from just laying there to rolling around. We are horribly unprepared for Gavin to start crawling and walking, let alone climbing! We have a big cubby/bookshelf thing in our living room that is just asking to be climbed.