Thursday, October 28, 2010

Love

Ahhh...love. Five years ago I made the best decision of my life (albeit rashly and OK I should have invited my parents to the wedding), but I decided to marry this guy named Matt (who opened doors for me and tried to buy me a microwave) and we've been ridiculously happy ever since. Matt surprised me with flowers at work today and I surprised him with this:



Five years later and we finally got a wedding cake :)

14 comments:

Patty Fingers said...

congratulations on five years!!! I love the cake!

Jen said...

That is so SWEET!!! Kind of emotional, too... for this sappy mom at least. :)

Lori said...

SOOOO sweet! I hope you have a big party of people over to eat all of that cake! I can't tell you how happy I was for you the day I found out you had gotten married, then even more happy when I found out you were pregnant, and 15 times happier than even that when I realized i'd get to see you all sealed. You're part of my heart miss sarah.

Valerie said...

Congratulations, You guys are a great couple. AND I think eloping is super romantic...

Shawna said...

Congratulations guys!! You made me a little weepy too. So happy for two of my favorite people!!!

stacy said...

I'm with Valerie- definitely romantic. I wish to hear more details.

Kylee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylee said...

And I remember 5 years ago you coming to lab, telling me to get dressed up, that you were going to be getting married! One of the most fun nights full of surprises! Congrats!

Laurie said...

What a cute idea (the cake)! I'm so glad you two are happy together!

Alana said...

Ahhhhhh... so cute. I love wedding cakes, where did you snag this beauty? 5 down, eternity to go

Momma Salt said...

The cake is absolutely gorgeous!! WOW. I hope it tastes as good as it looks and Matt got to eat all he wanted.

I love the picture of the two of you with Ally peaking between you.

Happy Anniversary!

Becca said...

Yay! I'm so happy you guys were crazy and eloped, because now I have a super amazing cousin-in-law! Love you guys!!

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

That's awesome! Did you make that cake yourself? It is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on 5 years of marriage! I remember meeting you two weeks after you had gotten married. I was impressed with Matt too. He is so kind and fun. I didn't know that you hadn't invited your parents to the wedding! : ) Ha! Oh well...! : )

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Oh -- and I think it's funny how you say that you've been "ridiculously happy" ever since! : ) Ha ha!!!!