Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Progression

Wow.

What a weekend.

I had an official "Mom" moment while traveling this weekend when I had to remind Ally to "quit touching your sister!" To recap, this year, we decided not to fly anywhere for Christmas. We had initially planned to spend Christmas at home with just the four of us, but Nathan and Natalie invited us to spend Christmas with her family, so we made the four hour drive to Iowa. Their family celebrates with a non-traditional seafood dinner Christmas eve which was delicious, and an interactive Nativity play for the kids. I managed to keep away from work for an entire weekend, play a little Killer Bunnies & Qwirkle. Santa found us (phew) and the girls were very happy with their presents. A little picture recap:

Snow Bunnies - (we made snow angels, but we still haven't made the snow family that Ally wants to make yet. She wants to make a Snow Mommy and Daddy and Ally and Lily. That seems like a lot of work with not a lot of pay-off. We'll see...they sure are cute in their snow-duds though).







Mary and Jack the Donkey




A Shepherd and His Sheep -



Little Sheep -





New Sleeping Bags (where Ally snuggled in and insisted all following presents be brought to her in).





Stocking Loot -




One of Lily's New Outfits -

5 comments:

Momma Salt said...

How fun!! What great pictures--I loved them all from the snow angels to the little sheep.

Unknown said...

The 5th picture down looks like Ally is missing a tooth, LOL. For those who may have also notice, she still has all her teeth as of yet....

Jen said...

I like the photos of the girls outdoors! :)

Rebecca said...

Ally is a smart one--bring the presents to me!! Why didn't I ever think of that?

Sarah said...

Awwww, I haven't checked out what Lily & Ally look like since we moved away and OH MY GOSH!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! Two very beautiful girls on your hands :)