I have failed!!!
Two years ago I sent out our very first Christmas letter. Oh the anticipation and pressure at living up to the level of excellence set by father many Christmases before me! But I tried. I even sent out a second one last year as well. I don't remember if they were funny, or clever, or even interesting, but I sent out love and well wishes to family and friends.
This year I started a letter and ordered pictures to continue the tradition. Maybe not well in advance, but with some time to spare. However, when Matt picked up the pictures from Costco today and to my horror, we all looked a little like demons. I forgot to remove the red eye!!
So now I'm faced with a moral dilemma...do I send out these embarrassing photos just to show that I care? Order more with no guarantee that they'll reach you all in time for Christmas? Or cop out with the latest stamp-free trend and just blog my letter? Well, clearly you know by know that I'm going with option 3. I'm lame. And cheap. So sue me.
Matt:
Was recently accepted to the UW-Platteville and will be starting in January in the Construction Management program. We are relieved/scared to be starting this next chapter...it will be quite the adventure! Still works with the youth group at church and plays basketball once a week.
Sarah:
Still working at Epic full-time. Recently referred her brother Nathan to work there as well, so Nat-Nat (and bun-in-oven) will be moving to Wisconsin soon. Can't wait to play. In her spare time, she reads and stresses and pretends to be crafty.
Ally:
Mom just registered this little gal for Kindergarten. She attends pre-school three days a week, likes to do crafts with mom, loves "Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer" and all things "Christmas Time." She also likes secrets and talking to herself at night.
Lily:
Is crazy. She climbs onto and into everything and also enjoys unloading toyboxes. She loves to snuggle and read stories and give hugs.
Both girls love to Skype and miss their Grandmas and Grandpas.
And we all send our love to friends far and near, we're grateful for your friendship and for the sacrifice of our Lord. Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
Thanks for the card ;) It's good to see you guys are doing well. I keep meaning to order cards, but haven't gotten to it yet. Oops. Maybe I'll end up doing a blog card too. LOL! Love you guys.
I hadn't heard that Matt was accepted to UW-Platteville! That is SO EXCITING! Congratulations you guys. We are happy that you'll be around a while longer!
There's always something to feel guilty about. And yes last year's letter was cute AND funny and I probably still have it somewhere, (howbeit I tossed everyone elses). Sorry the photos didn't turn out- just start doing Valentine's cards like us! Less stress. Cora is a go for the girls trip!
First of all, I LOVE your dress and I want it. Second, I am impressed with your efforts, even if it didn't turn out how you'd like. I haven't done anything for a Christmas card this year, and I just can't find the energy to care, let alone actually do something about it. Third, I love your girls--cuter and cuter all the time. Last, I miss you!
No guilt Sarah! E-cards are THE ONLY WAY to do it and enjoy your own Christmas just a little bit more. :) And I think the photo is great!
Post a Comment