A few weeks in, Ally came home with a note. It was a copy of a hand-written note she had written which said, "Dear Tom, I'm sorry I grabbed your neck. Next time I will use my words." (name are changed to protect the innocent).
Yikes.
Well, now it's go-time. What kind of Mom am I going to be? I want to be the kind that supports my teachers...I have enough teacher friends to know that they deal with way too much this:
So, we sat down with Ally and talked about how that wasn't acceptable Buffington behavior.
Buffingtons are nice, Buffingtons are kind, Buffingtons share, and Buffingtons don't hurt their friends. She was on board with this. But just for good measure, I threw in, "And if it happens again I'm going to throw away your toys."
Yup, good parenting there.
So yesterday, I decide to go have lunch with her at school (it was one of my favorite days ever, by the way), but the first thing I notice when I get there is a note on her backpack. This time, it's handwritten from Tom: "Dear Ally, I'm sorry I pinched your face."
So apparently they have something going on.
But lunch was the most fun I've had in a long time. It's glorious to have someone talk you up the whole time, "Hey guys, this is my mom. Have you met my mom? Say hi to my mom." After lunch, I walked with her down to the playground. I'm not sure if this is allowed, but no one yelled at me, so I just sat down and watched for a bit. She even asked if she could sit on my lap (I'm so happy she's not embarrassed of me yet!). I said sure, and then her friend wanted to sit on my lap. So we made a sandwich. And then another friend wanted to sit on our lap, so we made an ice-cream cone until I decided I should probably go back to work.
These girls are the best:

3 comments:
"Yup, good parenting right there."
Favorite line of the post.
~Hugh
So cute! Glad I found you! http://noblewoman.typepad.com/noble-woman/
I had no idea you had a blog! And I had so much fun reading through it! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun! And your family is so cute. =)
Post a Comment