Monday, October 10, 2011

Kindergarten

And suddenly she's in Kindergarten.


Riding the bus, even. For some reason, summer school kindergarten didn't phase me, but dropping her off at school on that first day in September, I wanted to grab her and run away. I didn't let her see me upset, but after I dropped her off, seeing all the crowds of parents and kids in the hall, I just felt like I was turning her over to the system...I cried all the way to work.
Here's Day 2 Riding the Bus:



Let me just say, she has loved every day since. She loves Mrs. Moore, she loves her class, she loves riding the school bus (and hates the thought we might miss the bus). Though she still asks for "5 more minutes" in the morning, she then cheerfully gets up and gets ready.
I thought for sure all-day Kindergarten would take such a toll on her, but she is such a champ and loves every minute of it. Oh, Ally, I'm your biggest fan.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Yes! The system! This is my issue! And I have this stupid feeling that it's somehow wrong to put someone else in charge of my kid's entire day and have her go do what everyone else does. I have the rest of the year, but I'm already nervous. Not good.

On a happy note, Ally is a champ! Look at her own that school bus. Too cute.

jhjonze said...

Crazy! She is super cute!

Jen said...

Wow-you survived the big first day! The one photo looks like she's holding a cellphone. LOL! She's my kind of girl - confident and knows what she likes. :)

Alana said...

Yeah! What a big girl now- YOU and Ally. Gabe was determined to ride the bus too.

Momma Salt said...

Yep I always cried in the hallway after I left them in kindergarten.