Saturday, January 21, 2012

Logorrhoea

I think that Lily wakes up in the morning and just starts spouting off all the words she knows...Matt likes to knock on her door when he hears her awake and she'll call, "Come in!" Followed by, "Hi Daddy!. Shirt. Pants. Ally. Lily. Mommy?" My least favorite thing she's started to say is, "Don't want to."

Nathan reminded me the other day that Ally used to like to talk to herself at night when we'd put her to bed. We'd tell her it was time for bed and "no more talking." To which she'd respond, "How 'bout talk 5 minutes?" "Okay, you can talk for 5 minutes."

Today we played in the snow - an event I never thought this girl would be bragging about, but I built my first snowman ever (that I can remember) and took the girls sledding. It ended a little abruptly when another sled collided with an unsuspecting Lily, who then face-planted into a pile of snow. She came up face and mouth full of snow - but it took a few seconds for her to actually start crying - I think her face was too frozen.

Then it was off to take Ally to her big surprise - Beauty and the Beast. She loved it and got to meet Belle and Gaston and Mrs. Potts at the end.

As I'm writing this, I can hear Matt putting the girls to bed and reminding them there's to be, "no talking", but I think the girls should have plenty to talk to each other about tonight :)


3 comments:

lovintheempteenest said...

I liked your post . . . Girls do like to talk don't they?

Momma Salt said...

I loved walking into Lily's room and having her say, "Hi grandpa!" When I said, "I'm not grandpa, I'm grandma" She just flashed her million dollar smile and said, Hi grandma!" Miss you all.

Jen said...

You're a great mom Sarah! :) And so stylish with your cool brimmed sledding hat!