Today Lily was holding him, and I try to praise when she's holding him well, so I told her she was doing a good job. Then he started to squirm. "Oh, Lily dear...if he wants to go play, let him." Followed by, "Lily, if he wants to go, let him go." And a more forceful, "Lily, let him GO!" At which point she did drop him, pointed in his direction as he darted off, "Go! Go! Time Out!!"
Hmm...I'm not sure if she was putting Jimmer in timeout or if she was preemptively putting herself in timeout...
2 comments:
Haha! Kay would totally do the same thing- "I'm gonna love him, and pet him, and squeeze him!" we were lucky our dogs were so big- they were very understanding ;) She loves to torture my inlaws cars though- the largest is 38 pounds!!!
We just got our kitten in July (so I guess she isn't a kitten anymore), but William is FINALLY learning to be more gentle and soft with her. Good Luck Lilly! Hope she doesn't get too many scratches.
Post a Comment