Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to travel to New York for the first time. I was smitten...I came home and told Matt I knew what I wanted for my birthday. I wanted a night on the town, something trendy and reminiscent of New York, I wanted to get "Gaga-fied", and I wanted a limo (I mean, I was turning 30). He was a little offended, I think, because he really likes to take charge and plan the events, so I otherwise let him do all the planning. I was told not to check his email and not to check the budget and I was totally OK with that. I took that Friday off of work so I could go have lunch with Ally and have plenty of time to do my make-up (on a side note, I brought cupcakes to Ally's school since it was my birthday and her birthday is in July. Her teacher even let her wear the "summer-time" birthday crown. Incidentally, she then came home from school thinking she was now 6).
Ally in her birthday crown
Here we are getting ready to go out
"Get my shoes"
The "limo" arrived and it was actually more of a, well, van with "limo" painted on the side. I mean, it was nice inside, but not quite what I was expecting. I didn't think too much of it, and I certainly didn't say anything because I wanted to have a nice evening. We got inside and Matt said he had a surprise for me in the park, something he had "made" and I needed to be blind-folded. I was like, "Are you kidding me? I'm wearing fake eyelashes!" But we compromised and I let him drape the blind-fold over my face so I couldn't see. He walked me down off the van and unveiled...my family!!! He had arranged for all of my immediate family plus Jeff & Lindsay (his brother and his wife) to be there! And my work besties Ariel and Tracey were there, too! (Hence why we needed the larger van, and not a limo).
Here we are in the limo:
At Bellini's:
Afterwards, I had everyone try on the wig, even sweet baby Alana.
4 comments:
How fun! I love surprises, it sounds like the perfect birthday. Happy 30th to you my dear!
totally jealous! Glad you had a blast!
Fun! I had seen the picture on facebook, but not heard what the actual surprise was, so I loved reading this. I love surprises and Matt did a great job for your birthday! :)
That's awesome! Happy birthday Sarah! I love your face. Matt did a great job.
Post a Comment