Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nice Bees

Yesterday I was getting Ally's backpack ready for school and I noticed an sandwich bag filled with little flowers. It made me smile - that girl is always collecting bugs and flowers - so I took it over to where she was eating her snack and said, "Did you pick these at recess?" She grinned. "They're for the bees." "The bees?" To which Matt chimed in, "Yeah, she put bees in her backpack!" "Ally! You have to be careful the bees will sting you." "Mom, these are nice bees."

Apparently she's been collecting these little bees - she had four of them in her backpack, even better she had one in her pocket in class and the teacher made her go put it in her backpack (I wonder if she didn't realize it wasn't alive/real). On the way home from school, she let one out while Matt was driving, he said something to the effect of "there's a bee in the car!" and she said, "there's three more in here!" That crazy kid had managed to collect four live bees without getting stuck. As Lacey said, she's apparently the Bee Whisperer.

8 comments:

Momma Salt said...

Her grandpa will choke when he reads this!! lol Apparently they are nice bees or they would have stung her. Love that girl!!!

Marianne said...

I love it!

Hall Family said...

That is hilarious! Not so much if she's allergic! Bu t great story to remind her when she's older!

The Old Buffington's said...

She is so sweet.... I love the innocence!!!! Sure hope she doesn't get stung!!!!! =)

stoofie said...

She was telling me about some boy at school that had bee's in a baggie? I said that I wouldn't do that as I was afraid of getting stung. She said "but they are nice bee's" so I see she followed through with this. She cracks me up! Thanks for the laugh!

Leah said...

Oh my goodness. That's so awesome that I won't even mention the disappointment I felt when I found out there were no ducks in this post. Not even gonna mention it.

Alana said...

I am giggling in my living room and so is Zach. That is so great. It is like the time my boys found a pet mouse

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Wow. Amazing!!!! I've never heard of such a thing! She put them in her BACKPACK? And in her pocket?! I hope she never gets stung!