Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oh Lily

I went to bed at 8 tonight and woke at 11 to the gleeful sound of Lily playing in the bathroom sink (Matt had gone to play basketball). After putting her back in bed, I soon discovered that her escapades extended beyond the upstairs bathroom. Downstairs I found all the lights on and the TV playing Dora. She had found and eaten half a box of ice cream sandwiches, and there was a half-eaten ice cream sandwich smushed in the carpet in the family room. She found, dumped out, and played in a box of graham cracker crumbs.
When Matt got home, I said, "Good call on putting the latch on the front door. She could have escaped." To which he responded, "I didn't." So, I guess Lily took the initiative to safely lock herself in the house. (Scary).
We also then went looking for Jimmer to make sure he was still alive and well. Lily had let herself into the garage, got out the outside toys, and graffiti-ed the floor and walls with colored chalk, we found another half-eaten ice cream sandwich on the garage floor.
That girl.

4 comments:

The Old Buffington's said...

Wow... That is scary.. She is her fathers daughter!! Matt did the same thing many times! Only his adventures were all during the wee hours of the morning and usually included emptying the refrigerator all over the kitchen floor... Thank you Lily for the memories!!

Jen said...

Oh. My. Goodness! We all love Lily! :)

Leah said...

Holy cow! You win. I'd be tying my child to her bed.

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Wow! Quite the explorer, eh?!