This girl amazes me. Last Thursday I came home to find out she had fallen on a sewing needle that (I) had left on the ground. She is normally so busy, something was clearly wrong when Lily wouldn't move or put weight on her leg. So, Matt took her to urgent care where X-Ray confirmed that she did indeed have a sliver of needle in her thigh. They didn't have the tools to remove the needle, so they sent her home and told us to take her in to our clinic in the morning.
In the morning, we called the clinic who advised we take her to the ER (thanks, we could have done that the night before). And so our adventure began. The nice resident tried to remove the needle in the ER, but couldn't (really, someone needs to invent a magnetic tool for this type of thing), so we waited for her to come out of sedation in the ER so she could get scheduled for the OR and taken up to have the procedure done there.
Fortunately, the surgeon was amazing, and Lily was even able to come home that night. Saturday and Sunday she spent a lot of down time (and I put up the Christmas tree and decorations to cheer her up). By Monday, she was full speed ahead. I had to remind her multiple time, "Don't jump." "Don't jump off the couch." "Don't jump on Dad." "No you may not go down the stairs by yourself."
2 comments:
Ouch! I feel kind of queasy reading that! She really is a mover and a shaker. I can't even imagine what chaos would ensue if she teamed up with my three-year-old.
I wish I ever had that much spunk. Shoot, I'd take 20% of that spunk! :)
Post a Comment