After 4 intensive months of applications, literally hundreds of resumes sent, dozens of phone interviews, 4 in-person interviews (3 of which involved flying out of state), we have finally found a job! I guess that isn't entirely true, I was offered a few positions between 21 and 24K, which was slightly discouraging since 1. I made that much with a high school diploma and 2. I currently make that much as a graduate student. Matt was pretty disappointed and wondered, "Why are you making me go to school again???" I understand that sometimes you just have to get your foot in the door, but seriously?
Despite the "incident" at MD Anderson, they did offer me the position. I would have been honored to have worked there; however, Epic offered literally twice as much. So for the sake of supporting our family while Matt finishes school, it would be completely illogical to move to Houston. Especially since Epic covers all moving expenses and housing while you find a place to live. So Madison here we come.
A few things to note about Madison, WI. First, they serve fried cheese curds. I haven't yet partook of these delicious sounding treats, but look forward to anything fried. In fact, one of the things I miss about Texas is the fried pickles you can get at BlackEyed Pea. Second, you must, MUST be a Packers fan. If not, you may end up in restraints as this kid did. And finally, be careful or you may end up talking like Drop Dead Gorgeous or the mom from Bobby's World. Dontcha know?
5 comments:
Oh you'd be so cute talking like that! Congratulations on finding a job, that's great news. So when do you start?
You WENCH! MD Anderson offered you a job and you said no?? So what if Epicac offered you twice as much money. You can't put a price on family and friends! Well I guess YOU can. I'm just crushed :(
Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you. It's about time someone realize what you are worth. If you have to stop in CO on your way there let me know :) Lovers you!
That's great news!!! Finally, you are entering the work force... I sure wish we were closer to that but I continue trying to be patient. I think the Camps are there too.
I watched drop dead gorgeous with some friends last month and missed us and when we quoted it every day.
"are you cheering for me or for my gown?"
Post a Comment