Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Samoa

We are excited to announce that baby Andrew Salt will be reporting for missionary duty to....SAMOA!! I guess I didn't have to put the "..." since the title of the blog gave it away. In any case, we are very excited for him, but mostly we are excited to go pick him up in 2010.
Now for the job situation, I had a second interview at MD Anderson yesterday. Overall, I feel that it went well. They said they were interested in me, and hopefully they weren't just blowing smoke up my skirt because I was sitting right in front of them. There was a slightly uncomfortable moment, however. Leave it to me to do the most clumsy and/or awkward thing at a potentially life changing interview. When the Dr. I interviewed with came down to the lobby to pick me up, she stuck her hand out as most people do. But the level of the hand was higher than normal. I panicked. She approached. I didn't want to hesitate because that makes the moment even more awkward and before I knew it, there was a hug involved. As soon as it happened, I thought, "Oh crap. That was probably the wrong thing to do. You don't hug at a job interview. I'm not even a huggy person. What just happened! Oh no. I just blew it. Ahhhhh..." After all that praying that I wouldn't make an idiot of myself, and then I go and do that. But she didn't act like it was an awkward thing to do. She didn't pause or make a surprised comment or even an "Uuhh, OK," just said it was good to see me again, so maybe she did mean to give a hug. I don't know if I'll ever know, but hopefully this won't affect my job status. "Well, she has the dedication and drive for the position, but she's a hugger and that's just weird."

2 comments:

Lori said...

hahahahaha. That hug thing cracked me up, and it made me love you that much more. Best of luck with the job interview though, let's hope they're a huggy place to work.
As for samoa, he's probably going to get fat. Every missionary who went to samoa or tonga came back a pudgey pudgey boy.
Oh, and maybe I missed something- but what types of jobs are you looking for now and what inspired the search? did you just finish all of your schooling?

The Royal Buffington's said...

That's the first thing I said! You're going to get soooo fat! I am trying to finish up my thesis so I can get a job that makes more than my meager grad student stipend.