Saturday, January 12, 2008

Walking. Finally.

Last week I took Ally to the doctor for her cold. Since her 18th month "birthday" was in a week, I asked if he needed to see her back so soon for a checkup. To which he responded that it wasn't necessary to see her. Then he asked if I had any other concerns. I said, "Well, she's still not walking." "Oh," he said, "in that case, I DO want to see her in a week." He continued that they get concerned at 17-18 months if they still aren't walking and may need to put her in physical therapy. She was walking along the furniture and would walk ifyou were holding her hand, but the second you let go, she dropped to her butt. So we've been praciticing with her this past week, and on Wednesday, she walked all the way across our living room. She still needs a little practice (and I'm not going to put her in nursery if she can't defend herself...one of the little girls likes to sit on her and ride her like a pony), but she's on her way! And on Friday, the doctor said he didn't think physical therapy would be necessary. Silly Ally.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Well that's definitely good news that she's getting the hang of it, not such great news that she gets ridden like a pony by her nursery pals though. Most developmental experts agree that babies either develop their brain or their body at one time, and can't really do both at once- so I'm just betting that your little girl was focusing on getting crazy smart instead of on how to walk from point A to point B.