Brett Favre & New Kids on the Block were the discussion on the radio yesterday on my way to work. As you may or may not know, Brett Favre announced his retirement recently. It's a big deal for all the Packers fans here. I don't have time to follow the news so I can't tell what recent world catastrophes are going on, but I could tell you that Brett Favre had retired. A moment of silence for Green Bay's loss...
...but wait! Now there is talk that Brett Favre may have changed his mind. I guess his lawyer or agent or someone contacted the Packers and wanted written consent that they would release him from his contract. Basically saying that if he comes back, he wants to be free to play elsewhere. Now I don't follow sports at ALL, but even I was offended by this gesture. The Packers and Packer fans have supported and essentially worshipped Mr. Favre during his career. And now after all the hullabaloo surrounding his retirement, he says, Well thanks for the party, but I think I'll take it on the road. What a jerk. But I'm happy that the Packers issued a statement that 1. If Brett returns to play NFL football, he is still under contract with them and 2. (my favorite part) if he comes back to play for them, he is not guaranteed his former spot on the team. He will have to compete and try-out for the QB spot. Anyway, the only reason I care is because football is such a big deal here and I'm sick of professional athletes thinking they can do/say/get away with whatever they want.
On another note, New Kids on the Block is back. And awesome. It's like they never left. Except now they're all ripped and tatted up.
No comments:
Post a Comment