Sunday, September 21, 2008

PKD Walk

Today I walked for PKD: http://www.pkdcure.org/ConnectLocally/WalkforPKD/2008MadisonWalkforPKD/tabid/932/Default.aspx

If you follow that link, you see I was #5 in fund-raising as an individual. Thanks to all who donated. Matthew, Adam, and all our family appreciate it.

You can see my tags that say "I am walking for Matthew and Adam." The blue ribbon means I met and exceeded my fund-raising goals.





While I didn't win any prizes for fund-raising, or any door prizes, I did win one prize hands down.

That's right...read closer...I won the award for "palest legs." Oh yeah. Afterwards, someone asked me what I won, I told her it was a gift certificate to a tanning salon. But really, it's for $10 worth of Italian food. Genetics may have dealt me a cruel hand, but I think this is the only case in the history of my life where I have been rewarded for being a freak of nature.

3 comments:

jhjonze said...

If I had been there I would have given you a run for your pale legs money!

The Royal Buffington's said...

true cousin...genetics isn't on our side on this one!!!

Amy said...

haha! that's funny. tell matt i replied to his e-mail...check it (:)