Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bad Hair Day

Yesterday I was doing a little pregnant pilates (which is the same as normal pilates, except I'm fat and pregnant, the people on the video are not). Matt decided to trim Ally's bangs. He told me he was going to do it and he has done it before, so I wasn't worried. But I guess he was really sick of her hair being in her eyes because he went a little crazy this time. Her bangs are a good inch and half above her eyebrows. I cried. I know it's just hair and it will grow back, but she looks so ridiculous. See for yourself:

(I'm not ready to post real pictures yet...)
Would you be upset? Or am I just hormonal?

ADDENDUM:
I just have to clarify that by upset, I don't mean at Matt. After all, haven't we all learned the hard way that bangs when wet are much longer than bangs when they dry? It just makes me sad to see my sweet little girl looking so silly, that's all.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I went out with becca and rob the other night and she told me that you're pregnant and I got all excited. Congratulations, the world needs more sarah salts.

jhjonze said...

One time I cut my own bangs almost to my head. They were maybe a quarter of an inch long, my mom was mad.

Laurie said...

I laughed so hard at this post, especially at the picture! Good one. Oh man, I would be upset too, I'm just waiting for the day. It is so true that wet hair is longer than dry hair. Oh well, at least it does grow back! Congrats on your pregnancy, it you posted about it before now, I must have missed it somehow. I figured that you were though when I read your post about craving fruit really bad.

Tricia said...

so, did I miss the post where you announced this tidbit of information (not the bangs...pregnancy)? Congratulations!! When are you due? Kristen is pregnant too, she's 3 months right now. I would be upset about the bangs too. Eric is always asking if Keira wants her head shaved...I'm really scared that one day I'll walk in and she'll be bald.

Leslie said...

Oh Sarah, it really doesn't look that bad. I saw her yesterday at church and didn't even notice. Her bangs must grow fast. Don't worry about it. It's really not that bad.

By the way, I signed up for the Door County 5K in May. And my husband signed up for the 1/2 marathon. I'm pretty sure the Camps are on board too, so you should sign up and come with us. It will be so fun and beautiful. And by the time May comes, we're going to be dying to go outside!! (If you aren't already.)

Sarah said...

That's a great photo! Hahaha!

And you can look at Ally's bangs from the angle that it's the 80's punk look that's in style. Ally's just so in style that u don't even know it!!!