Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mishaps and Adventures all Around

Ally
1. Managed to take off her sweats, take off her diaper, pee on the kitchen floor, and put on a different pair of pants. Matt came out of the office and found pee on the floor, blamed the cats, but then he saw the diaper and noticed Ally was wearing jeans, but no diaper.
2. Has learned to take her diaper off in the night and throw it out of her crib. We have started safety pinning the zipper in her feetsie pajamas so she can't take her pajamas off.
3. Learned a naughty word thanks to Ni Hao Kai Lan...apparently the Chinese word for snow sounds an awful lot like, well, um, a bad word.

Matt
1. Sold his one true love, I mean truck, to get ready for the new baby. (It wouldn't fit 2 carseats), so we are now in the market for a new car. Note: NOT a mini-van. Although some of our friends said to just suck it up and do it so we didn't have to invest in one in 3 years from now when we have another, but neither one of us is willing to drive a minivan yet, so that wouldn't work.

Sarah
1. Spilled scalding hot soup on her hand at work and still has a nice red mark 3 days later. (I may or may not have said the afore-mentioned bad word when it happened).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like all kinds of fun at least you haven't had the appliance nightmare that we have had. :)

Laurie said...

Oh man, we have a mini van. I was like you, I didn't want to drive one around. Now that we have it thought, I think, why wouldn't I want to drive this thing around!! It's awesome! Get a Honda. When they built this thing, they had mothers in mind, its amazing at how convenient it is. Oh, and the sliding door remotes for both sides! That is only one of the many surprises that you will find. Even has a DVD player. Now I ask myself, who wouldn't want one of these??

The Royal Buffington's said...

Laurie - you're probably right. We should just get over it already!!

Sarah said...

So I've heard that cutting the footsies off the pjs and putting them on backwards (zipper up the back) is helpful for the nighttime stripper issue ;) Does she at least twirl the PJs and diaper above her head before she tosses them? jk

Wendy said...

Let's hear it for mini vans! I almost wanted to talk James into an SUV so I could avoid the mini van, but agree, I LOVE it! It's so much easier to get a toddler in and out of when you have a big belly, too!

But with 2, as long as you enjoy car shopping, don't let us pressure you in any way. Even if we do threaten to reveal the naughty words you're teaching your daughter... =)