Inkheart by Cornelia FunkeMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
It's been a while since I read a book I absolutely could not put down. Read this whopper over the Christmas break and I highly recommend it! Although, I'm a little disappointed about the choice of Brenden Frasier as Mo in the upcoming movie...I pictured him looking a little more like Geppetto. Hopefully it will still be an exciting flick.
View all my reviews.
Ender's Game by Orson Scott CardMy review
rating: 2 of 5 stars
I found this book to be mostly interesting. Up until he left Battle School. At that point I was a little tired of tactics. Also, the ending left me with more questions than answers...perhaps someone smarter than I am can help me out. Ender didn't know that he was actually destroying the Bugger's world. Did the other children know that they were fighting for real? If there were other worlds with Buggers on them (where Ender found the egg), why were all the queens congregated on the one planet? Especially if they knew that Ender was coming to destroy them? Wouldn't he have had to destroy all their planets?
Anyway, the psychology of the children was worth the read.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment