Sunday, March 8, 2009

Presenting...

These past few days have been full of projects at our home. First, Matt and I (mostly Matt) put together Ally's "big girl" bed Thursday night.

She has done really well the past 2 nights, sleeping the whole night through and staying in her bed. This morning, though, I went in to find her toys strewn all over the floor and she was nowhere to be found. After scanning the room, I noticed two little feet poking out from under the crib (which we left in her room in case the big bed didn't stick):


Matt also found a sink on Craigslist for $25, so he spent Friday and Saturday installing my new kitchen sink:




Hooray for stainless steel and no more nasty sink stains!

Not to be outdone, I worked on my afghan Friday night and my flip-flop quilt squares on Saturday:



I noticed while at JoAnns that the sewing machine I want is on sale for $299. Sigh. I probably should refrain from making any large purchases for a while to make sure we have enough to get by during my maternity leave. But it is $100 off and has so many fun stitches! Someday...

7 comments:

Momma Salt said...

The squares look wonderful!! You are great as a quilter!!

Momma Salt said...

The sink looks wonderful--Matt you are amazing!!

Jen said...

the feet under the crib are so cute! We have a little hole between the bunk bed and the wall (behind the bunk bed drawers) and I have found Silas sleeping under there many times. :)

2MyGirls said...

Did she really sleep under there all night? Such a cute picture of her feet. We have found Morgan asleep in the hallway a couple of times, but not under the bed, yet. Your quilt looks amazing!

jhjonze said...

I want to see the flip flop quilt when it's done!

The Buffingtons said...

Hey they look awesome send me he pattern:)

Alana said...

Holy cow you are one busy woman- afgans, quilt squares, sick babies, work... you didn't sleep much in college- is that still the case now?