Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hydration Station


Ally has been throwing up for 3 days now. Sunday was the worst. We went through 3 comforters and probably 7 different blankets. Poor thing couldn't even keep ice chips down.

Monday was better, but she was still throwing up. And then she was up until 3:30 in the morning crying. Today she only threw up once, but we decided to take her into the doctor's anyway and they decided to hook her up to an IV. Oh Joy. So Mom gets to hold Ally down while she's getting poked and prodded and swabbed and what not. I know I'm not the only one to ever go through this, but it still sucks.

Matt did make it back from class in time to rescue Ally from the wicked mother and nurses with needles and she managed to relax a bit and watch the movie they put on for her (although she was seriously miffed that the didn't have her "In-sore" movie (Dinosaur to the lay-man).

And now she is all fluid-ed up and home and resting on the couch. Bloodwork and throat swab came back normal, so hopefully it's just a viral bug and we can look forward to a little diarrhea in our near future.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hope she's is all better soon! I don't envy you.

Momma Salt said...

Yes being a mom does involve a lot of not fun things as you do what is best for the child. Good job!!

I hope she gets better soon too.

Laurie said...

Ohhh, so sad!

Mom's Place said...

Poor thing :(

jhjonze said...

That is the saddest looking picture ever. I hope she feels better soon!

2MyGirls said...

What a sad picture. I hope she feels better soon.

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Poor Ally!!! Wow. That is horrible! I really dislike being less than very healthy!!!! : ) So I hope she gets totally back to normal soon! Sorry to hear that they didn't have any "in-sore" movies at the hospital for her to watch. : )