A few weeks ago, while dropped Ally off at my friend's house, I lost my footing and fell down her front porch stairs. The truly embarrassing part was that it happened not once, but twice. Her stairs are split level and I fell down the first set of stairs, but was able to catch myself on the landing. Embarrassed, I then turned around and fell down the rest of the stairs, this time spraining my ankle and landing completely on the ground. Abrey was nice enough not to laugh.
Last night I was doing laundry and some of the liquid detergent splashed up into my eye. Come to find out that concentrated soap in your eye is truly a painful experience. I spent the next ten minutes washing my eye out in the sink and wondering, who else but me gets injured while doing laundry?
4 comments:
You poor thing!!!! Wow! Sorry to hear that you fell twice! That same type of thing happened to me when in Colorado, before we moved to Tucson! I put some skates on, up on the 2nd floor, where our apartment was, and I pretty much fell down the stairs, while holding on to the railing. But I was fine. Then, I went out the front door of the apartment building and WHAM! I fell backwards, and the subscapularous tendon on my rotator cuff (shoulder) came away from the bone, along with a piece of bone, and I had to have surgery.
Sorry to hear you sprained your ankle AND that you got detergent in your eye! OW!!! Is your eye OK now? Is it red? Did you have to go to the doctor for your ankle or your eye?
Also -- that's cool that you've got the link to "Classy Cosmetics" on your blog! I know Jen!! : ) She's really good with make-up!
That is totally like me. I am so clumsy and sadly I think my girls have inherited my grace.
oh man! Maybe it is a little phase, give it a while and it will go away.
I totally had one of those days. I cut up a jalepeno for something and then proceded to lick my fingers (dumb) then rub my eye (double dumb). I'm pretty sure I did something else dumb that day too. Hope your ankle is ok and more importantly, the baby.
Post a Comment