Monday, September 7, 2009

Glam Mom







You would think that with 8 weeks off of work I would have more time to blog, but NO!! I have been enjoying the rare moments with my girls. Sometimes after Lily falls asleep, I think, "I can just put her in the swing and go do the dishes or pick up" and then I remember that the dishes will still be there tomorrow, but Lily won't be so little forever. So my days have been filled with spending as much time as I can with Ally and Lily and enjoying every single minute of it.

We have tried to do some fun things, like going to the Dells, taking Ally bowling, visiting the library, going on picnic lunches. We've also spent a lot of time at the doctor's. Between the 4 of us, we have 8 separate doctor's appointments in the next 3 weeks. Many of you already know about my midnight trip to the ER. We noticed that Lily felt a little warm and took her temperature. It was about 100.5, which isn't that high but according to everything I could find online, 100.4 is the threshold for concern in babies under 3 months. I called the on-call nurse and she recommended that I bring Lily to the ER. They did some blood test and took her urine and it appears she had a UTI. They gave us antibiotics and sent us home. She is doing much better, but we have appointments for a renal ultrasound and a consult with a pediatric urologist in the next couple weeks to determine if there is anything abnormal with her kidneys.

At our follow-up appointment the day after, we also had them look at Ally and found that she had an ear infection, so both girls are on antibiotics but doing fine. While in the waiting room, I saw a woman with 2 children, a little girl near Ally's age and a little boy probably a few months old. The woman had flawless makeup and was dressed impressively. Her hair was done to perfection, and so was her daughters: the little girl even had highlights!! Then there was me: no makeup, wearing clothes that don't fit, my daughter who won't even let me brush her hair much less fix it nice, and to top it off, I'm covered in puke. Well, I guess some moms have it all together...some days I'm lucky if I even get a moment to shower! And I LOVE it! I love being a mom!!


7 comments:

Mom's Place said...

2 sickies?! No fun!!!!! Enjoy all the time you can before you have to go back to work!!!
Love you guys!

Laurie said...

You are cute, and so are your girls! I'm like you, I never have it together. I saw a little girl with highlights the other day too. What is that all about? That should be a crime!

Jen said...

Sarah, I loved this post! You inspired me to slow down and enjoy it all a little more. :)

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Great pictures, Sarah!

Momma Salt said...

I told you--she probably has a nanny! Or maybe she WAS the nanny!!
:)

The pictures are darling and I am glad you are loving your time with the girls. Read Ally a story and kiss them for me!

hilary w said...

I loved this post. It was so refreshing to hear how much you are enjoying your sweet girls. They are so adorable!

cora said...

FYI You're my favorite.
You're girls are adorable! And Miss Lily is just so precious! I'm jealous of all her hair- you know she already has more than me. :)