Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2 Minutes

I've created a monster!



I recently found it helped our morning routine if I would give Ally a few minutes in the morning to wake-up properly. I'd wake her up and tell her "5 more minutes and it's time to get ready for school." To which she would calmly say, "OK Mom" and be ever so cooperative getting ready, as long as I gave her some prep-time.

Recently, though, any time I ask her to do something, the response is always, "In two minutes."

Me: "Ally, time for dinner."
Ally: "Two minutes."

Me: "Ally, it's time to turn the TV off."
Ally: "In two minutes."

Me: "Ally, are you ready for bed?"
Ally: "Two minutes, mom."

Me: "Ally, how about you leave the cat alone?"
Ally: "How about two minutes?"

That last one doesn't even make sense, but I'll give her credit for trying.

3 comments:

Hall Family said...

Thats funny!!

Becca said...

Seriously funny!! I'm rollin' right now.

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

That is FUNNY!! : ) And I think it's great that you give her time in the morning! I need time to wake up too! : )

Good job Ally! : )