We had to take Ally into the doctor's to get proof of her vaccinations for daycare, and the doctor said that Ally should be saying 10-20 words by now. So I decided to make a list of the words she does say:
1. Dada
2, 3. Set go!
4, 5. Thank you
6. Lola
7. Night night
8. Ohhh
9. No
10. yeah
11,12. What's that?
13. hi
14. bye
15. whoa (usually said while spinning in a circle)
16. Papa (she hasn't said this one in a while, but this is what she called my dad when we were home for Christmas).
See that's 16. Like I said before, mostly she still babbles, but she'll pick up more at daycare I'm sure. Note that mom still isn't on the list :(
3 comments:
Well, I certainly wouldn't worry about her not saying a ton of words. I always hate going to the pediatrician because no matter what condition my children are in, they always make me feel like a bad parent because my kids aren't "up to speed" with their standard. It's always something I end up feeling guilty about. Ally looks good and healthy to me! That's all that is important.
JaCoby didn't say much for a longggggggggggg time of course we both speak spanish and english in our home so that is why we were wondering if that was causing a delay in his speach but guess what he surprised us by speaking in sentences he went from saying a few words to complete sentences I guess it's my fault I talk to much and to fast but hey maybe she will speak in sentences too ;)
it's hard to decide what really counts as words. it seems keira wasn't talking as much as other kids and just the other day she's nonstop talking...so the moral of this story is careful what you wish for. :) ally is really cute. thanks for the warm feelings! that certainly brought a smile to my face.
Post a Comment