Not too much has been happening lately. We've all been really sick. Matt was in extreme pain due to a tooth that may need a root canal. He goes to the dentist tomorrow to find out for sure. The sinus infection didn't help him feel any better either. I finally went to the doctor after two weeks of not being able to sleep through the night because of my cough. Antibiotics are a wonderful thing.
We have continually been trying to expand Ally's vocabulary, as well as attempt to get her to follow small directions. Today she was "reading" her books and I asked her where her head was. Lo and behold, she touched her head! So I asked where her nose was and she touched her nose! This continued with her ears and eyes and mouth. I wanted to reward this behavior, so I went and got a cookie to give her small pieces when she did what I asked. But as soon as she saw the cookie, it was a no-go. She just whined and held out her hand/opened her mouth and refused to cooperate. In fact, when I dared to take her hands and place them on her head to show her what to do, she burst into tears and ran off into the other room. Every now and then she'd come back to the kitchen and look at me. "Ahhh," she would say. And I would respond with "touch your head/eyes/ears/nose" to which she would actually roll her eyes at me and walk off. What a stinker.
Now Ally has always been a very good baby. From the get go, she didn't even hardly cry. Everyone we've ever had watch her has commented on how good she was. When she was born she didn't even cry, just cooed. But as we get closer to the "2" mark, we have definately seen a spunky streak emerging. She rolls her eyes and once this week she actually laid down on the ground kicking her feet in a fit. I had to leave the room to laugh. But she is still my little cuddle-bug and I love her more and more everyday! I do find myself saying "NO!" alot lately. Either directed toward my daughter who likes to throw everything into the tub/play in the toilet/open doors/hit the dog and/or cat OR at the new dog who wouldn't go to the bathroom when I let her out but promptly took a crap on our new area rug the second I let her in.
Oh yeah, and I fell down the stairs yesterday. While holding Ally. All those years of ballet training and I'm still a clutz. Good thing I have a fat butt to cushion my fall, but my tailbone still hurts today. Reminds me of when I was pregnant and Matt FORBADE me from using the stairs at work, fearing I'd fall and crush our unborn child.
So that's it from Wisconsin for now. I'd love to hear other's funny "terrible twos" stories and I'll be sure to keep you posted on Ally's.
1 comment:
Sounds like your having loads of fun between the rolling of her eyes Matts sinus infection and tooth ache and your falling down the stairs Well look at it this way at least you didn't break anything right??? Coby's Aunt fell down the stairs about a month ago and broke her ribs and had to get a cat scan but I must admit I did laugh when I read that your daughter rolled her eyes, got to love that one right???? I hope you all get feeling better soon...I will pray for you ;) p.s. Sean and Erin sent us some cookies the other day wasn't that sweat?? If you were here I would bring you cookies ;) Chocolate always cheers me up
Post a Comment