Saturday, December 6, 2008

Too much going on!!

It has been over a week since Thanksgiving came and went. It seems like so long ago and it definately flew by too fast. We left Madison on Wednesday morning and flew to Denver, CO to stay with my older brother and his wife Debbie for Thanksgiving. (You should have seen Matt carrying all 6 carry-on bags plus the car seat all over the Chicago/Denver airports. This old man in the Denver airport said that someone should get that workhorse "some water and some hay.") This trip was planned several months ago to have Thanksgiving there where Matthey & Debbie could show off their new home (which was really nice!!). Then my younger brother Nathan came home from his mission and decided he just couldn't wait to get married. His lady-in-waiting said yes (phew) and they decided to get married the day after Thanksgiving to save us all making another trip somewhere in December. I for one was grateful for that! But it did add a little extra stress on my sister-in-law Debbie because her once 12-person Thanksgiving meal turned into a 32 person event with all of Natalie's family and their friends from BYU. She had to do a lot of coordinating to get enough tables and chairs for everyone.
Two additional bonuses for me 1. My friend Gen and her husband Kyle happened to be in Ft. Collins for Thanksgiving and came down to visit. They were our friends in Arizona, but have since moved to Oregon. (P.S. In Wisconsin, they pronounce it Ore-gone, not Ore-gun. Weird) and 2. I get to love on my friend Laura who lives in Denver with her husband Tyler while she goes to dental school. She also informed me that she might be doing her residency in Wisconsin, which I would LOVE, and I got to meet her husband for the first time. I give him an A+. Good job Laura.
Here's Nathan & I at his wedding:


Here's the brothers (with a spot left on the end to photoshop Andrew in later):



My family:


The happy couple:



A random, out-of-order picture of Ally. (I'm really good at this blogging thing):


Ally dancing with Grandma at the luncheon:



Here are the two reasons I get up in the morning:


Sad Matt after the BYU loss to Utah. See how sad he is?

But he took it better than Hitler did:


The highlights of the trip:
1. Seeing Adam and Nathan again after 2 years
2. Spending time with Debbie, Laura, & Gen
3. Andrew sent a video from Samoa that we all watched at the luncheon (so funny. Maybe if my Mom can figure out how to upload it, I can link it up here).
4. Laughing till I cried (Papa Salt with a gun...that's all I have to say)
5. Groomsmen cake was a Texas flag..with a yellow rose on the top. Nice touch.
6. Wedding cake.
7. Fried pickles.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like a really fun thanksgiving and wedding! Nathans wife looks really cute and like lots of fun. You look great in your dress... I love the pic of you and your brothers.

Amy said...

Mom called and spilled the beans. That's awesome!
We love you guys!

Amber and The Boys said...

Oh no, no, no. In Wisconsin the city of Oregon is pronounced with the long O but the state is still is still Gun. That is how you differentiate. LOL I thought it was weird to say it the WI way when I moved there!