Monday, June 15, 2009

The Artist Strikes Again

While supposedly napping, the artist Ally was up to no good in her bedroom yesterday. I went to check on her and could smell poop from all the way down the stairs. Not a good sign. What we found when we opened the door was poop smeared EVERYWHERE. From her bed, to the carpet, to all the clothes she pulled out of her dresser and her toys. Oh yeah, and on her fingers, legs, and even face. Disgusting.

Matt handled cleaning up Ally while I got started on the carpet. Let me tell you, getting on your hands and knees and scrubbing poop out of the carpet is the last thing an 8-month pregnant woman wants to do. Fortunately, Matt came and helped me finish up after showering Ally down. I hope this phase ends soon!

9 comments:

Wanda Husted said...

While my kids have never 'painted' with it, my mom every once and a while reminds me that I did. Not something I'm proud of (or obviously remember), but I grew out of it! I'm sure she will too. Hang in there.

Sarah said...

Awww, poor Sarah! Ehk! I can smell it from here.... I ditto Wanda- I'm sure she'll grow out of it- hang in there! Maybe time for footed one piece pajamas w/ a padlock on the zipper? jk..kinda... haha

Jen said...

The Richards had this problem with Garrett. They found Duck tape around his diaper was a wonderful way to keep him from taking it off. :)

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Wow! She's original alright! Yuck! What a job she gave you!! I hope you were able to get it all cleaned up! : )

The Old Buffington's said...

Amber was our artist and it is no fun......sorry you have to go through this and sure hopes it passes fast.

Alana said...

Holy cow, how awful. You can remind her of this story when she is a teenager. I totally sympathize,especially with you having to clean up pregnant. At least Matt was there to help some.

Patty Fingers said...

Looks like your dear little one is suffering from a case of encopresis. I'm going to go grab my DSM and have a little review on childhood disorders!!!

jhjonze said...

I'm so sorry! You are almost done being pregnant though... that's good!

Lisa said...

I have a friend who's kid is doing the same thing. His latest was at the gym in the playground equipment. I think half the ward knew before she did :( I hope this phase ends soon for you too!

I was hoping for a photo with your latest post. I want to see you pregnant and maybe a little disgruntled?