Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jeans

I have reached a point in my life where I am comfortable with my size. I can finally say that my worth as a person is not defined by the size of my pants (yes mom, you read that right...it only took 28 years of you telling me that for me to believe you). And although the number on my jeans does not define my self-worth, it would be nice if I knew what that number was. Some of my jeans are so tight I can barely breathe (not to mention the muffin-top that results) and others of the same size are so loose I can pull them off without undoing the zipper. Men's pants are much easier...you are either a 37 waist or you're not. But I guess women don't like to see 37 on their pants, they'd much prefer to see a smaller, preferably single-digit, number. So I guess for now I'll continue to be a 6/8/10 and avoid pants shopping at all costs.

5 comments:

Natalie and Nathan said...

AMEN!

Mom's Place said...

I HATE shopping for pants!

Hall Family said...

Me too--pants shopping is torturous!

Momma Salt said...

You are a wonderful woman and your worth is not defined by the size of your pants. That said--
I too HATE pants shopping.

Sarah said...

You look awesome, Sarah :) No fretting!