Driving from Tucson to Wisconsin is a daunting task. Especially since Matt worries too much about me driving and insists on doing all the driving himself. I feel bad that I can't help, but he has been amazing at getting us this far.
Day One:
We overslept. Of course. But we did end up getting on the road by 7:30. Not too bad. I had called a vet earlier in the week to see what they suggested for taking cats on a long ride like this, and she said just to give them children's benadryl. If something stronger was needed, we would have to bring them in and I figured that benadryl knocks most people out, so we should be fine. Well, we weren't. The cats wouldn't take it. I'm taking foaming at the mouth spitting it out. Too late to go to the vet so we just put them in their kennels with a towel over them and took off. Later in the day we found Manny with a bloody nose because he had been scraping it on the side of the kennel. So Lola got put in the metal cage and Manny into the soft case.
Ally, however, did great, which was a relief. Of course, we had to watch Monsters, Inc. about 27 times. Unfortunately, due to the late start, we didn't quite make it to Denver as planned. Not to mention the fact that Matt was rocking in his seat and making me very nervous near the end. So we stopped in Raton, NM.
No comments:
Post a Comment