Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pre-Moving Day

Well, Sunday began with most of the things loaded into the truck. There were a few things still left in the house and then of course wicked crazy cleaning to finish. I already had Ally's room done and the bathroom, but we still had the bedroom to finish and the front room to shampoo and the dreaded kitchen.
Sometimes when there are lots of things to do, I find the best strategy is to take a nap. OK, not the best strategy, but when I'm feeling overwhelmed it's what I do. Matt woke me up at about 5:30 and told me that my friend Julie was coming over at 6:00 to help clean. Normally, we might be too proud to accept help, but we really needed it because everytime we left the room to clean, Ally would cry for attention. Julie came over to help and took Ally over to her house to play with her kids and we got the kitchen all finished. Not to mention that while we were in the kitchen, Danny walks in and asks, "what can I clean?" (This is the same guy who orchestrated the packing of the Penske truck). We didn't call him, he just showed up to make sure we weren't up all night cleaning and then too tired to drive. So he helped Matt shampoo the carpet and we got the house finished.
We have been very blessed with great friends in Tucson, and we will miss them all.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad people showed up to help you move and clean, that can make all the difference. Best of luck with the huge move/drive. I can't wait for you to talk like the mom from bobby's world.

Erin said...

That is great you had people helping you out. The times we have moved I have never wanted to clean the place after we moved out of it. This next time I am hiring a cleaning service. It's just too much stress.

Unknown said...

I saw your blog on Sean and Erins blog link and had to check it out man I just love you guys and am excited for your new change. Look at all the new experience's you will be having there. Oh yeah tell Matt we backed out of the deal on that house there were foundation issues that we didn't want to deal with but soon we will be moving too isnt it fun???? Oh yeah its Coby and Tennille Jenks hehehe p.s check out our blog its on there(sean and erins) link and I want to keep in touch with you guys

Miki said...

I'm so glad that Julie was able to help you with the munchkin...I just got stuck...What I was really hoping was to see you at least one more time before you left, :( I miss you tons already, just knowing you're not in the vicinity....how's everything going so far?