Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

1. What is his name? Matthew Morris Buffington

2. How long have you been together? 2 years and 4 months

3. How long did you date? 2 weeks

4. Who eats more? Me. I'm sure you have all heard our first date story where I ate all of my steak and half of his. That's when I knew this could work.

5. Who said I love you first? I technically did. But he was sooo hinting at it by making all these comments about how you know you love someone.

6. Who has more speeding tickets? Matt. And he has gotten plenty of warnings since we've been together as well.

7. Who is smarter? I'm just a big nerd.

8. Who is more sensitive? Guilty. I cry at least once a week. Matt hasn't cried since he was 9.

9. When there is a fight who usually wins? ME! He lets me win though.

10. Who does the laundry? We tag-team.

11. Who does the dishes? Always me. He says he did enough dishes for 11 people growing up (although from what I hear Scott ended up doing most of the dishes because he was always in trouble). So we worked out a deal early on that he always takes the trash out and I always do the dishes.

12. Who sleeps on the right? I'm always right, even when I'm left.

13. Who pays the bills? I usually do.

14. Who mows the lawn? What lawn? The dirt and cactus Arizonans call lawn? Every now and then Matt goes a weed-wacking. Or he pays our neighbor to do it.

15. Who cooks dinner? If it gets cooked at all, I cook it.

16. Who drives when you are together? Matt always does. I didn't mind until about a month ago when I had to drive to Phoenix for an interview and I actually got really nervous and anxious driving on the freeway and then I realized it was because I hadn't driven on the freeway in about two years, so he really needs to let me drive sometimes. Or else this trip to Wisconsin is going to be even longer!

17. Who is more stubborn? Me. Me. Me.

18. Who kissed who first? I believed I pounced on him.

19. Who asked who out first? Matt did. He asked Nettie for my phone number and I was talking to my dad when he called for the first time. The first thing he said was "This is Matt" and I thought "Who is this guy bothering me?" and then he finished, "from scripture study at Nettie's" and then I knew exactly who it was. The hot guy in the white hat.

20. Who proposed? Matt did the actual asking with a ring I didn't knew he had, but I had already told him I wanted to marry him.

21. Who has more siblings? Matt has 6 brothers and 2 sisters

22. Who wears the pants? I think I wear the pants, but that doesn't mean Matt wears a skirt. He just likes to let me think I'm the boss.

Here are some pictures of Ally & I with our Valentine's Days gifts from Matt:

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm a fan of this post. They're all good questions and it's fun to read. I'm really glad things have worked out so well for you.

Tricia said...

Hi Sarah!! Seems that we are both on Facebook and blogspot! How fun! I loved reading this post. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that didn't know my husband for longer than 2 weeks before we were deciding to get married!

Ammon said...

Hello Sarah! I'm glad you were brave enough to comment on my blog! How else would I know that someone as cool as you was looking?
Cute family!