Although I never considered myself to be a "runner," I did run quite a bit in undergrad. I ran a couple of 5K's (note one of them the only other runner I beat was a little old lady, and it was close!) and I did a biathalon with Rebecca that was a lot of fun. I told myself that I would be a crazy work-out lady even when I was pregnant, but I was so sick I never wanted to go to the gym. And then you're tired and sleep deprived and busy (for those of us that have real lives and not a nanny to watch thier children while they get paid to look good like celebrities do). And then because I work, the last thing I want to do when I get home is leave again for the gym or for a run. So that is my list of excuses for the past 2 1/2 years of why I haven't been running. Today I ran out of excuses. And the woman who leads the runs is amazing and motivated and it was really good for me. Like I said before, the end goal is a half marathon in October, but don't get too excited just yet. We'll take it one week at a time!
But to reward myself, and because I knew that my sleepy family would still be in bed, I stopped and got my hair did before going home. A productive day!
Enjoy the pictures of my Ally taking a bubble bath!
4 comments:
Those are way cute bubble bath pics.
Nice work getting up and running. I pretend like i'm going to run as soon as baby comes so I can be thin and cute again... but we'll see how that pans out.
Oh, i posted this on a different blog I keep, since it's hardly family blog appropriate. I thought you'd dig it:
http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/showthread.php?t=259526
Also, I totally missed you at my baby shower yesterday. For some reason I think that if I get to see becca, that means I get to see you. I was bummed when the harsh reality set in.
She did remember to give me a big sarah salt hug and that did help me be less bummed you werent there :)
the end of that URL is showthread.php?t=259526
I dont know if the whole thing pasted right when i first sent it.
At least your excercising.. I think I forgot how lol j/k I need to follow your example on that one though...it's just hard to find the time. We were walking as a family after dinner last week and we loved it but we got lazy this week
Post a Comment