Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby?

This week we had our ultrasound. Ally found the process to be incredibly boring and was more interested in playing with my sunglasses. Matt looked at the ultrasound and told me, "It's either a girl or a very under-developed boy." And he was right. The first part. It's another girl. I was/am shocked. I thought for sure it would be a boy considering how different this pregnancy has been compared to last time. And now we're back to square one: We have NO girl names we can agree on. None. I have lists of boy names, but I've never had any girl names. I just assumed with all the boys in my family and all the boys in Matt's family, we'd need more male names handy. (And no, we can't use our boy names for girls. Blaine just doesn't work for a girl).

My mom got busy pointing out all the good things about having a girl:
"Ally will have someone to play with."
"And fight with. And pull each other's hair."
"Two words: Matching outfits."
"Two words: Matching attitudes. I'll have 2 teenage girls hating me at the same time and there will be more of them than me."

But in the spirit of matching outfits:


And although I am embracing my fatness this pregnancy, I still try to workout a couple times a week because it makes me feel better and prevents another emotional breakdown. Ally likes to do yoga with me:




...until it turns into a wrestling match. (This is why I prefer to workout at the gym):


5 comments:

Lori said...

A baby girl? That's great news!!! I hope our next is a girl, addie has been just too much fun.

Shawna said...

Congratulations on another baby girl! It's true about the matching outfits. They are so FUN! And it's true about the matching attitudes too. We already have those and the hair flippin' action too.

Laurie said...

Yay! What's better than one girl? Two girls. Girls are the best!

2MyGirls said...

Congrats! Girls are so much fun. Yes, they will fight and probably hate your guts when they are teens. On the other hand, when they are getting along, it is so fun to watch them play. Also, you already have girl clothes. Good luck!

Momma Salt said...

My friend told me that it is absolutely WONDERFUL to have a sister. We wouldn't know.

I love your matching outfits and my favorite thing is exercising with Ally.