Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dish or Direct?

When we moved from Madison to Mt. Horeb, Dish said they wouldn't move us for free (apparently you only get so many free moves). Matt thought if he threatened to cancel, they would consent, but they didn't. So we decided to go with Direct TV. So far, I'm not incredibly impressed.
* First, we are paying more and only get one DVR. This means that not only can't I record on the other TV, but I can't even watch what we've recorded.
* There are less hours of recorded TV available. We only have may be 10-15 shows recorded and we're already at 40% of our alotted time.
* Scrolling through all the channels is a huge pain because for some reason it will only move through the channels one at a time. This takes forever when you are trying to scroll through 1000 channels. Not to mention is really annoying when you hit the PPV "naughty" section.

There is one thing I love about Direct TV though. There is a channel called Fit TV and it's basically all day workouts. How fabulous. No matter what time of day I have time to workout, there's always something new to try. (See point #1 from above, though...I have to do the workouts on the main TV and not in the "workout" room. Annoying for both me and Matt).

Although I had sworn off running for the winter, the weather has all of a sudden warmed up again. Halloween was actually NICE. So yesterday morning, taking advantage of the warmer weather (why couldn't it have been warm last Saturday???) and the newer sunlight in the morning, I decided to go for a little run before work. I only went 2 miles, but apparently my muscles are still recovering. I can barely walk today! Trying to do yoga this morning on Fit TV was a joke. I would bend over and not be able to get back up.

And my friend Gen sent me a link to this blog: http://classycosmetics.blogspot.com/
For someone who grew up in an all-boy household, I need all the makeup tips I can get!!!

1 comment:

jhjonze said...

I have DirecTV and love it, but that might be because it's all I know. I've never had Dish before. Anyway I didn't know there was a work out channel. I must try this!