Monday, November 3, 2008

Naughty or Nice?

With the Christmas season vastly approaching, it's time to evaluate whether or not Ally is qualifying of the Nice List or if she will end up on the Naughty List come Christmas time. This will be a continuing evaluation. Here's what I've come up with thus far:

1. Naughty - The other day I had fed Ally a bowl of cottage cheese and went into the living room to do something. I turned back around and Ally had dumped her cottage cheese on her head and was wearing the bowl like a hat.



2. Nice - Matt spent all day Saturday working on his truck. At about 6, we got a call from Maggie letting us know that Matt was still there and alive, but his phone died and we could come over if we wanted. I deciced to pick up some root beer for him on the way and stopped at Kwik Trip with Ally (add a Nice tally to my list). Normally, a trip to the convenient store with a 2 year old is a constant battle of wills, followed by a chase scene in which a mother holding multiple heavy bags now has to chase down and pick up her 30 lb baby and carry her and her bags to the car. But each time I asked Ally to put something back, she would! It was amazing. And when I said it was time to go, she actually followed me outside and to the car. It was surreal.
3. Naughty - later that night, I was doing the dishes. I turned around and Ally had her hands in the litter box. Disgusting. (Did I mention our cats are back? Apparently, the family that took them have a daughter who had a bad allergic reaction to the cats. I was not-so-secretly relieved). I promptly picked her up, washed her hands and put her in time out.

4 comments:

Think Positive and SMILE! said...

Naughty List: 1 point for wearing instead of eating

Nice List: 3 points for pure joy of life!

:) Kyle B.

Unknown said...

lol that looks like a fun clean up!!!! My sisters kids decided they love baby powder and they especially love to through it all over the computer

Wendy said...

Oh, how I miss you!

You write so well!

I laugh because I can empathize. I made the mistake of taking Trevlyn to Safeway once with me to give James time alone with the twins. We needed ONE bag of pasta. While I searched for the one I wanted, she pulled 2 bags off the shelves. By the time I found where they went, there were 5 new bags on the floor. I just picked Trevy up and looked for the surveillance camera, apologized and left before it could get any worse!

I love, love, love your Halloween costumes! And personally, I wouldn't blame you for backing out of even a fraction of a marathon. Running gives me no joy anyway so looking at your course gives me nothing less than an ulcer!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, your posts make me laugh:) Love you, dear! And Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!!